Multi-year Accessibility Plan
Introduction and Statement of Commitment
Konrad is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Konrad believes in integration and equal opportunity, is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will continue to do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility, including by meeting the accessibility requirements under any applicable accessibility legislation.
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines Konrad's strategy to prevent and remove barriers in order to fulfill our accessibility commitments, as outlined in Konrad's Accessibility Policy.
- Developed accessibility training materials that address the requirements of applicable accessibility legislation, including information related to achieving the accessibility requirements under the applicable accessibility legislation and disability-related obligations under applicable human rights legislation;
- Reviewed the duties of individuals that required training (including employees, volunteers, and those persons who develop policies and those persons who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of Konrad);
- Delivered training to all such individuals via a method that was appropriate for the audience, and incorporated training into our accessibility policy review process to ensure that such individuals are provided updated training whenever Konrad’s accessibility policies change;
- Maintained a record detailing dates on which training is provided and the number of individuals to whom it is provided; and
- Incorporated the training into its onboarding process to ensure that new employees are trained as soon as possible after being hired.
At this time, Konrad does not utilize self-service kiosks. However, should the use of such kiosks become a part of Konrad's business in the future, we will ensure that our employees consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks.
Information and communications
Konrad is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
Konrad has taken the following steps to make ensure feedback processes are available and accessible to people with disabilities:
- Establishing multiple avenues for receiving feedback, such as in writing, by email, or by telephone, or in person, and identifying our feedback process in Konrad's Accessibility Policy; and
- Designating a contact person for receiving and responding to feedback in a timely manner (Ryan Cooley, Vice-President, Operations at the contact information set out below).
Konrad ensures that, upon request, we will provide or arrange for the provision of publicly available information that is in respect of our goods, services or facilities in an accessible format by:
- consulting with the person making the request to determine the most appropriate accessible format or communication support (e.g. large print, read aloud etc.), given the needs of the person (and whether the content is convertible and within Konrad's capabilities);
- providing such accessible format or communication support in a timely manner and at no additional cost; and
- notifying the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
As of January 1, 2021, Konrad has ensured that its websites and the content on our websites conforms with the requirements of WCAG 2.0, Level AA, to the extent required by the applicable accessibility legislation.
Konrad is committed to fair and accessible employment practices by:
- Notifying the public and our staff that we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process. For example, we have updated our online careers page to include confirmation of Konrad's commitment to accessibility;
- Notifying job applicants, when they are individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or selection processes to be utilized;
- Consulting with job applicants who request accommodation to support them through the recruitment, selection, and / or assessment process, and take into account their individualized needs to ensure that the accommodations provided are effective; and
- Notifying successful applicants of Konrad's policies for accommodating our employees with disabilities.
Konrad has informed our employees of the policies used to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies on the provision of accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability, by:
- Providing an open forum for reporting any accessibility barriers and / or needed accommodations;
- Consulting with our employees with disabilities to determine those accessible formats and / or communication supports that may be of assistance and how such accommodation may be provided; and
- Providing the required information as soon as possible after the commencement of employment and by providing updates whenever there is a change to Konrad's accessibility policies.
Konrad has developed and delivered, and will continue to develop and deliver, individualized workplace emergency response information to employees with disabilities, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary and Konrad is aware of the need for accommodation.
Konrad has developed and put in place a process for the creation of individual accommodation plans for those employees that require accommodation. The process has been implemented by:
- considering how employees with disabilities will participate in the development of their accommodation plan and what the plans may include;
- establishing where the plans will be stored and what steps will be taken to protect the privacy of employee information; and
- determining when and how the individual accommodation plans will be reviewed and updated.
Konrad has developed and put in place a documented return to work process for those employees that have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodation in order to return to work. This process outlines the steps that Konrad will take to facilitate the return to work of the applicable employees and the use of individual documented accommodation plans.
Konrad has ensured that it takes into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities (as well as their individual accommodation plans) when implementing its performance management process. This is achieved by:
- reviewing an individual’s accommodation plan to understand their needs and determine whether it should be adjusted to improve job performance;
- providing performance-management related documents in accessible formats; and
- providing informal and formal coaching and feedback in a manner that takes in account an employee’s disability.
Konrad has also taken into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities (as well as their individual accommodation plans) when providing any career development, advancement, or redeployment. This may occur through the consideration of what accommodations employees with disabilities may need to succeed elsewhere within our organization, to take on new responsibilities in a current role, or when they are otherwise being redeployed.
Design of Public Spaces
At the present time, Konrad does not plan on developing or redeveloping any of its public spaces, as defined in the applicable accessibility legislation. However, should it choose to do so, this policy and plan will be revised to include the requirements thereunder and how we will achieve compliance.
Konrad will consider accessibility in all aspects of its business and operations, and will endeavour to identify and remove accessibility barriers going forward.
For more information
For more information on this Multi-Year Accessibility Plan or to obtain accessible formats of this document, please contact Ryan Cooley, Vice President, Operations at:469 King Street West
Second Floor, Toronto
ON M5V 1K4
Accessible formats of this document are available free of charge upon request.